Did you know…? 80% of sight destroying eye conditions can be prevented with early detection.
We are passionate about your sight, but also your visual health. That is why we have invested in state of the art Optical Coherence Tomography, otherwise known as OCT.
Similar to an MRI, it scans, measures and provides a detailed 3D digital image of the underlying retina, which is usually hidden. This enables our Optometrists to detect evidence of sight threatening conditions in the deeper structure of the eye including Macular Degeneration / Holes, Diabetic Retinopathy and Glaucoma, all of which could be detected and treated up to 5 Years earlier.
We recommend OCT to all patients but particularly
- If you are aged 40 and over.
- If you are significantly short sighted.
- If you have high Blood Pressure / Cholesterol / Diabetes.
- If you have any Retinal Abnormalities.
- If you have any family history of eye problems, in particular; Glaucoma or Age Related Macular Degeneration (AMD)
OCT is painless, non-invasive and is available to all patients. The scan is not covered by the NHS and is not part of a regular eye examination, however if we know in advance that you would like the scan, we can allocate more time for your appointment. An OCT scan costs just £30.00, for an invaluable on-going record of the health and condition of your eyes.